How To Smoothly Use Pick Up Lines in 2019
Chat lines are a fantastic place to meet women who are looking for the real deal. Unlike other forms of dating, chat lines offer a real place where the pressure of regular dating is somewhat alleviated. Rather than picking a restaurant and going on a blind date, or walking up to a girl at a bar or club, the ‘dating’ aspect is totally taken care of. All you need to be able to do is chat! However, despite the ease that chat lines bring to the table, there is still the matter of opening a conversation, which can be scary for anyone. Additionally, chat line dating creates a scenario that is similar to speed dating. Women and men can ‘browse’ greetings, chat with potential dating partners, and move on quickly if they become uninterested. And, they can do all of this from the comfort of their own home using a cell phone. So, the question remains: How do you stand out and win a woman’s heart in a situation like this? Well, on chat lines, first impressions make a huge difference. That impression begins with the opening of conversation and a great pickup lines. Pickup lines are amazing ways to break the tension over the phone; however, they aren’t all that easy to execute. Often, they come off as corny. Conversely, when handled properly, they break open the conversation in such a way that may actually lead to a real relationship!
In order to execute a pickup line, we must investigate why and how they work in the first place. Before they became corny, pickup lines were ways for men to appear both clever, sexy, and gentlemanly to a woman. Lines to impress women have been used for ages, but the acknowledgement of ‘picking up’ a woman with a line really began to blossom after the 1950’s. However, back then, the lines were very gentlemanly. For example, “Can I have this dance?” was a very popular one. Once men began to figure out that women responded to humor and wit, the lines began to evolve from gentlemanly questions to sexual punchlines. Eventually, those punchlines became very corny. How did they become corny? If you were to watch an old movie produced in the 50’s-80’s, you are likely to think that some of the jokes and lines have become very corny and cliche. However, when the movie itself was made, those lines were novel and didn’t give off that vibe. The same goes for pickup lines. Now, in the digital age, we think we’ve seen everything, making even the slightest cliche render serious eye rolls. There really isn’t any pickup line that is classy or sexy without being somewhat cringe-worthy and cheesy. Thats why today, the only way to really use a pickup line is to use it ironically.
Pulling off starting a conversation with irony is not easy, but it will impress if done correctly. You need to make it clear that you are not being serious with your pickup line, but rather acknowledging how silly dating can feel. It’s really about the subtext. Unless a natural comedian, conveying subtext in this way is tricky and really comes down to practice. But, here’s the good news: Chat lines provide the perfect place to practice. There are so many women available for you to try it on. You’ll eventually get better at your delivery and learn what works and what doesn’t. Also good news is that even if you totally butcher the line, you’ll still be able to stand out from the crowd and you may even get the girl. If you totally mess up, don’t panic. Show the girl that you can laugh at yourself. It’s another way to demonstrate confidence in the wake of a flirting disaster.
(If you like this, you’ll love Things She Wants To Say But Won’t)
If you’re new to this type of flirting, we suggest going with the ultra-corny lines. The cheesier and more ridiculous the line, the easier it will be to pull off the irony. Here are some pickup lines we’ve found on Pun.Me that you can practice using! Some are very flirtatious, some are very silly, and others are just plain crazy. But, we’ve seen them all work!
- What has 36 teeth and holds back the Incredible Hulk? My zipper.
- Somebody call the cops, because it’s got to be illegal to look that good!
- I must be a snowflake, because I’ve fallen for you.
- I know you’re busy today, but can you add me to your to-do list?
- If you were a steak you would be well done.
- Hello, I’m a thief, and I’m here to steal your heart.
- Are you cake? Cause I want a piece of that.
- My love for you is like diarrhoea, I just can’t hold it in.
- Are you lost ma’am? Because heaven is a long way from here.
- There is something wrong with my cell phone. It doesn’t have your number in it.
- If you were a library book, I would check you out.
- Are you a cat because I’m feline a connection between us
- If I were to ask you out on a date, would your answer be the same as the answer to this question?
- If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing?
- I’m new in town. Could you give me directions to your apartment?
- I must be in a museum, because you truly are a work of art.
- You spend so much time in my mind, I should charge you rent.
- My lips are like skittles. Wanna taste the rainbow?
- Well, here I am. What were your other two wishes?
- Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only 10 I see!
- Are you a beaver? Cause daaaaaaaaam!
- Life without you is like a broken pencil… pointless.